Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

After 4.5 months the bureaucracy is nearly over and we have all the paperwork at this end. The shippers have been given the go, and flight is booked from Heathrow on Tuesday. Just immigration to get through.

Look out Ontario, deej and family are coming to stay!!! :ohmy::smile:

(just our luck to pick a lockout season...)

I got really angry at my bosses over something that was out of my control and i got thrown under the bus. So i decided to find a new job. I found a listing for a temporary job elsewhere closer to home now that we moved. Since i want to work as a pharmacist and need to start as a pharm tech i took to this place that works for a medical company with Rx's

I got a call three hours later after applying, then i interviewed for the job on tuesday. The interviews last 5-10 mins and they tell you "talk to you soon"

Mine lasted 1 hour and we renegotiated the original offer. Instead of coming on as a temporary worker, they offered me a full time position starting on the 28th instead of the 18th. They also informed me they're going to open up their own pharmacy in the building so i will be a priority to become one in training.

The pay originally was going to be at 13/hr. Today they called me to say they've renegotiated the pay for 15 an hour until i meet bonus/raise levels. I love my life.

Good stuff H!

Scored my first goal tonight!

You mean your first of many.

My dad (who's 70, retired, and still playing twice a week) won 40k on Powerball. He can use it for sure. I tried to talk him out of it, but he sent our family a 2k. I tried to talk him of of it, but he wouldn't have it. I finally caved and agreed that it would be a nice start for our kids' college funds. Nice to see a little karma come back his way.

Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion and plans on Episode VII for 2015 release. Lucas has been grooming Dave Filoni to replace him for years and I'd say the franchise is in good hands.

I am finally on the last stage of purchasing my first home. The wife and I have been looking for a home for at least a year. Between short sales, flaky sellers, and not finding the right home.....we've finally done it. Looking to sign our lives away in about 2 weeks and be first time home owners. Very excited.

Just remember, you still have to eat and probably want to have cable/satelite tv. House poor is no way to live.

Agreed. From day 1 we decided not to be house poor just so we could be in a house. My brother and his wife are in that boat right now. But, in our area, it was cheaper to purchase a home versus renting an apartment with the space we needed. (Note: I said needed....not wanted. Our mortgage payment is $300-$400 less than we'd be paying for an apartment that would give us the space we needed. It was the right decision.) We tried a short sale because we weren't really in a time crunch and wanted to try for that great "deal". Well, we found out the time/hassle vs saving that amount of $$$ just wasn't worth it for us.

The home is modest, but gives us the space we need and is a great starter home. Very excited to be moved in shortly.

Thanks! Yea, that thought has been in the back of my mind for awhile now. Seeings as how maintenance has had to extensive repair on my present washer 3-4 times because I keep dumping my hockey gear in it. Safe to say I won't be washing my gear that way when I have to do, or pay, the maintenance. haha.

Yup, I'm a fan of that thought process. I make a joke to people saying "you spend money to save money". And for things like appliances (among other categories) is proves true.

The internet helps out with appliances, and other repairs in a major way. Our LG washing machine was leaking right before I left for the show in Vegas so I ordered the part online for $35 and replaced it myself. If I had to call for maintenance, it would have been at least $200. That said, be honest about what you can and can not do, you can cost yourself more money if you don't.

Picked up an iPad mini on launch day last week. I was travelling and just happened by a Future Shop that had some 32GB black models left.

I'm extremely impressed so far with the form factor and weight.