Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Does anyone with actual knowledge of TT know what's up with all the helmet changes?

He wins a cup with a customized Mage and clearly he had enough issues with that helmet or the sight lines to change 15 times this season? Most of us can appreciate being finicky about gear, but this is getting comical... Even for a guy who leads the league in pad changes.

Does anyone with actual knowledge of TT know what's up with all the helmet changes?

He wins a cup with a customized Mage and clearly he had enough issues with that helmet or the sight lines to change 15 times this season? Most of us can appreciate being finicky about gear, but this is getting comical... Even for a guy who leads the league in pad changes.

There is a gear sightings in the goal section.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/03/03/a-closer-look-at-the-new-reebok-logo/

Reebok announces rebrand, fundamental change in business model. Pretty much guarantees they're moving out of hockey.

Seems like they just went from competing with Nike and Under Armour to competing with Champion and Starter, but that's just me.

That logo is for their Crossfit line

Reebok has actually started using that logo on their newer stuff and not just their Crossfit line. Their Crossfit line has crossfit on the shoe boxes and insoles while other shoes using that logo just say Reebok or Reebok One.

I think Adidas is moving Reebok to a purely footwear and gym apparel manufacturer. It will be interesting to see if they stick with athletics in a big way as that is where Reebok started. Adidas has already effectively moved Reebok out of the extremely lucrative European soccer market. Moving everything under the Adidas banner. I'm not sure Adidas will move too far into hockey, perhaps uniforms but I think they will consolidate everything else into CCM.

The video on your link was the usual corporate jibber jabber but the new logo seems to draw more from the Adidas tri-stripe than any corporate strategy.

CCM Ribcore anyone :cool: ?

Anyways, if that's true, do Reebok endorsing players get merged with CCM or are they let go to sign with another brand?

That logo is for their Crossfit line

makes perfect sense. Crossfit is crazy popular right now and Reebok was the first major company to champion it. because of that most people associate Crossfit with Reebok even though to my knowledge, they are completely unrelated companies.

Anyone notice Jeremy Roenick holding the Easton V9e - VT during hockey day in America yesterday?

No sorry man. I have the hardest time adding pics to this site.

That probably depends on the player. Bergeron is all CCM now except for his stick.

Interesting.

Anyways, if Reebok does end up pulling out of the hockey business I would be very interested to see where the likes of Crosby end up. I know he used Sherwood in juniors and at the beginning of his career, I'd bet they'd love to have him back. Then again I would think any brand out there would.

Anyways, if that's true, do Reebok endorsing players get merged with CCM or are they let go to sign with another brand?

I may be wrong, but I believe they're all technically signed under the Reebok umbrella. When those guys signed up to use CCM products and be featured on CCM marketing material, but they signed a contract that most likely named the company as "Reebok/CCM."

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. If one of those names left the game, the sponsored players would be taken in by the other brand name. Could be wrong though, I'm by no means an expert.

I may be wrong, but I believe they're all technically signed under the Reebok umbrella. When those guys signed up to use CCM products and be featured on CCM marketing material, but they signed a contract that most likely named the company as "Reebok/CCM."

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. If one of those names left the game, the sponsored players would be taken in by the other brand name. Could be wrong though, I'm by no means an expert.

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: Just picked off an article here, news stories on players signing endorsement contracts specifically say Reebok-CCM like here http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/52136-Top-NHL-prospects-Jones-MacKinnon-Drouin-sign-equipment-deal-meet-the-media.html

Seth Jones, MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin, seen as the top three prospects in the 2013 NHL draft, have signed with Reebok-CCM Hockey.The three will showcase Reebok-CCM equipment including the RBZ skate and RBZ Stage 2 stick.

I believe Jones uses a Ribcore, so I guess he is signed under the brand umbrella.

Jonathon Toews wearing an Easton helmet and gloves. He started the game with his usual Bauer gear and wore these in the second period.

ToewsEaston.png

i'm not sure if your trying to drum up something or you just bad at looking for photos. What your saying is an outright lie about the 2nd period.

I found the same photo you posted used on a blog in 2010. http://committedindians.com/jonathan-toews-the-cup-will-make-him-a-hall-of-famer-already/

Then I check getty images and their are 3 photos of him from Tuesday's game. I believe the 2nd and 3rd photos are from the second period.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-GB&family=editorial&p=jonathan+toews&assetType=image&ep=2#

Without getting into details, it is doubtful he switches based on some of his endorsement contracts.

Jonathon Toews wearing an Easton helmet and gloves. He started the game with his usual Bauer gear and wore these in the second period.

Yea idk if that's supposed to be a joke or not. This is just an old picture from when he used to be sponsored by Easton. I watched the game, and for sure would have noticed this. I knew right away when I saw the picture that this is from the 2009-2010 season.

i'm not sure if your trying to drum up something or you just bad at looking for photos. What your saying is an outright lie about the 2nd period.

I found the same photo you posted used on a blog in 2010. http://committedindians.com/jonathan-toews-the-cup-will-make-him-a-hall-of-famer-already/

Then I check getty images and their are 3 photos of him from Tuesday's game. I believe the 2nd and 3rd photos are from the second period.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-GB&family=editorial&p=jonathan+toews&assetType=image&ep=2#

Without getting into details, it is doubtful he switches based on some of his endorsement contracts.

Toews must've also been hoarding SE16 sticks this whole time waiting to bust them out...

I got that picture from the Chicago Blackhawks album Facebook page that they posted after the game the other night. It was all game photos from that night apparently with the exception of that one. I guess i'll go back to lurking here.

I got that picture from the Chicago Blackhawks album Facebook page that they posted after the game the other night. It was all game photos from that night apparently with the exception of that one. I guess i'll go back to lurking here.

Easy mistake to make, not sure why the torches and pitchforks came out.