Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

I wonder how people will react to it when they see it -I'm not a fan. I know I asked our rep for some different colors on the stick, but not that crazy. People will definitely know what you're playing with out there.

I think someone said the new CCM Tack is a mid kick point stick, so wonder if the RBZ Superfast will continue with the "variable" kick point like the Stage 2 or if it will be a low kick point?

Browsing through hockey monkey's EU site earlier and came across what appears to be the Reebok 10k 3 in 1 jock only in CCM branding. Advertised as a "new arrival".

It does seem very expensive, I picked up my 8k for £18 and my 10k for £23. This is purely conjecture on my part but could we be seeing a US and Canada release for the CCM version? I know from reading posts here that the reebok versions didnt sell well and were euro-only.

I'd say very likely, as the 10k frequently goes for way more than that on s2k and other places outside Europe (but then again, I don't get why Rbk does Euro only patterns, but that would go beyond the scope of this thread).

It does seem very expensive, I picked up my 8k for £18 and my 10k for £23. This is purely conjecture on my part but could we be seeing a US and Canada release for the CCM version? I know from reading posts here that the reebok versions didnt sell well and were euro-only.

The CCM ACJPRO (8K) will be a US/Canadian product for 2014, but will just be the regular version; not the one with integrated garter (10k)

I noticed that the Easton logos on their pants in the NHL have been blacked out. Even players like Zach Parise and PK Subban who wear exclusively Easton gear (except skates) have their logos covered/blacked out.

This has only happened this season, so I'm guessing it has something to do with Easton's recent financial troubles, but I wonder why it's pants of all things that are unbranded?

It's strange to say the least.

Well, Easton didn't pay to have the right to show their logo on pants this year, so their players have to black out the logos.

So I guess this must be due to financial issues.

I guess they thought that since they needed the extra money and not that many players wear their pants anyway as wear their helmets or use their sticks, they decided to not pay to advertise on the pants.

Just strange to see a company that has been so successful now fall into these problems, but I guess that's more due to the issues with the parent company.

The CCM ACJPRO (8K) will be a US/Canadian product for 2014, but will just be the regular version; not the one with integrated garter (10k)

Stoked to hear this, I'm using a 10k (without the garters) that I got in Czech over the holidays and it's awesome, very comfortable and I love that it has the increased pelvic coverage

So I guess this must be due to financial issues.

I guess they thought that since they needed the extra money and not that many players wear their pants anyway as wear their helmets or use their sticks, they decided to not pay to advertise on the pants.

Just strange to see a company that has been so successful now fall into these problems, but I guess that's more due to the issues with the parent company.

Which is nuts because 10 years ago, they were #1 in pants in the NHL (had to do with the fact that the only way to get a custom pattern on SyNergy was to wear pant and glove)

According to my rep it has nothing to do with financial troubles or trying to save money.

Apparently they were/are having issues with their custom pants producing them and the only ones that made it to NHL locker rooms were leftovers. Asking for custom shells or pants for a HS team or something is pretty much out of the question currently until they get their new plant online. It may be online now but I know a couple months ago there were issues producing them.

Sportsnet did a thing last night about the new Bauer holders and how great they are for equipment managers. They showed Ovi getting his blade changed in 10 seconds on the bench.

CCM Hockey posted this on Facebook. New RBZ line?

1888682_10150477179239945_751880615_n.jp

Interesting, I was wondering last night if we'd see a JetSpeed hockey line and I guess not. They are still continuing with the golf monikers in "Superfast" though

Sportsnet did a thing last night about the new Bauer holders and how great they are for equipment managers. They showed Ovi getting his blade changed in 10 seconds on the bench.

Greg Millen was doing his usually poor journalism. Nelegected to mention options like this have existed for years and that Bauer finally developed something to speed things up. Or that for a player Ovi's profile the equipment managers will bendover backs to make things better.