Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

russiangloves_zps3a6ce73e.jpg

At least the variety of Russian glove colors isn't as vast as it was during the last Winter Olympiad.

I'd punch a baby for those white fly-weights.

Sher-Wood/Busch Carbone 2000 back in 1994. I remember getting the Great Skate catalogue and seeing it on the back page.

That's exactly where I remember seeing it first. I remember seeing it costing like $250 when I was 10 and couldn't understand what made is so expensive!

Getting those old catalogs in the mail was better than Christmas! I remember Cyclone Taylor used to send out floppy disks somewhere in the 90s. . Seemed very cutting edge!

I am always impressed with people's knowledge of older products and timelines.

At least the variety of Russian glove colors isn't as vast as it was during the last Winter Olympiad.

I'd punch a baby for those white fly-weights.

This must be the worst saying ive read on this forum.

Finland won the game.

Does anyone know what stick does Suomi's #50, Juhamatti Aaltonen use?

sochi-russia-finland-hockey.jpg

Then... I want his replica jersey.

Where can I get?

I still have my Sher-Wood Busch Carbone 2000, with a Coffey curve. The graphics are exactly like the one in the Larionov pic. I paid $159 for it back in '94. It feels like it weighs as much as three of today's composite sticks.

Also eagle markets similar to Graf Canada in that they don't pay the 4 players in the entire nhl that wear there gear. The go by the fact that there product is so good pros choose to wear them at least thats what they told me over the phone. If you want I can include Lori's extension at eagle she be happy to talk with you.

Eagle is still in business?

*Cartman I've got a GOLDEN TICKET dance*

:laugh:

The stick has a V9 paint job with the Easton logo blacked out.

Nice!

I've watched Olympic games taking care to discover some player who use V9E.

The reason why I've been interested in Aaltonen is that he uses number "50".

I've used the same number for a long time but I think this is rare number on the ice.

Now I'm using V9E but Aaltonen uses V9.

Also I think his custom paint Finnish crossed is very nice.

I think that number of players who use V9 is larger than using V9E.

I wonder how do they think about V9E... why did they choose V9 instead of V9E?

I want to learn it and refer to.

What were those KOHO and TITAN sticks like? I'm not familiar with those.

The Koho shaft was oval and IIRC sorta "spiral wrapped" fiberglass. I broke the shaft where about where the hosel would inset on a 2 piece... It was a heavy sucker and - to me anyway - flexed really wierd. I still have the shaft somewhere, If I can find it I'll post a pic.

Wasn't the Titan a regular rectangular shaped shaft with a foam core and a similar spiral wrapped fiberglass outside layer?

I thought I saw them wearing their regular gear. Maybe that was just in practice.

It's a Nike pant shell, c'mon.. :laugh:

Flames wearing their retro night gear during practice. More importantly, Calgary retro APX gloves now exist. I would seriously consider murdering another human being if it meant I'd wind up with a pair of those.

Bg3aAkDIMAEcK_K.jpg

Bg3c3iwIgAERLwc.jpg

Is this becoming a thing now?

Sharp and Hossa have been taping their blades up high like that for a while now...looks terrible but I guess it works for them...