Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Im not saying they didn't copy Bauer - I posted that same time as you Marcelo.

They pretty much copied Bauer, however the colors its hard to change those up much. Plus the way the accents are, only certain accents look good. They've been making stuff for decades and they've honed in what looks good and what doesnt.

What hockey companies have debuted products via their sponsored athletes social media? What products? I am talking first public views.

You're right - it's all a part of their marketing campaign - allowing their guys to "leak" the product.

It's also been a bit of a struggle for me as for the last year, info has been very slow to come out of their camp, and I'm contacted post-leak.

The RS and Total One are yellow and black but no one would argue they look the same. This stick does look very similar to Bauer.

I dont see the TO in the stick at all other than similar colors. Colors arent even the same as the CCM yellow is a brighter yellow.

I don't see it being that close to the Supreme. Its definitely different and as mentioned above, they are not a million combo that are attractive, black n yellow is just sexy. And the RBZ didn't look anything like a APX.

Well its be smart about this for a second.

Would you prefer for them to do orange? Cant do that - Easton's been using it.

Well what about blue? It doesn't look that great, and Nexus is using it going forward, so they'd be copying someone else.

Oh I know! Lets go with Green. Oh wait, it looked terrible. Remember the Kronik? I think that was the last stick to use that as its primary color.

The simple truth is there are only so many color combos that look good. There are a finite number of colors, and even fewer that look well together and that can SELL. Easton and Warrior have tried having a myriad of colors, and it doesn't help sell product. I would argue it hurts because there is no brand loyalty from year to year. They are clearly 3rd and 4th in hockey, maybe its because year in and year out everything looks completely different? I know thats not the sole reason but I am sure it doesn't help.

This is why I think Easton shouldn't have abandoned their chrome look. They sort of owned that, even though others did try to emulate it.

If anything, I think the new Tacks stick looks the most like the original Warrior Dynasty Grip

That's the first thing I thought, I think it looks really sharp though. I miss when companies offered the same stick in like 4 colorways. I understand that's probably expensive to produce, however..

On another note, I spotted the new graphical additions to Moulson's STX "Stallion." Looks like yellow is the it color this year.

MoulsonSTXstallion_zpsd46a44f9.jpg

Nike Hockey has a big Canadian presence. They even have the NikeHockey twitter handle.

I totally disagree. The only involvement is with Hockey canada with uniforms. Nike Hockey is all about marketing to sell product. They market themselves to be something they are not. They spend tons of money creating commercials that trick people into thinking they are a hockey company. Playing NHL hockey players to wear their base layer is only to make it sell in the Mass sporting goods stores in Canada. Otherwise they would sell significantly less. I would bet they don't have more than 5 hockey stores buy anything from them.