Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

While we're on the subject of interesting tape jobs, just noticed this while watching the replay from this morning that would make Klima proud.

IMG_5444_zps2de2f670.jpg

I really like that Tacks is coming back, but - much like the skates - I can't help but look at them and be reminded of the Bauer Supreme line. Maybe that was the idea, but it looks too similar if you ask me.

I don't know... maybe I'm just one of those jerks who's impossible to please.

I really like that Tacks is coming back, but - much like the skates - I can't help but look at them and be reminded of the Bauer Supreme line. Maybe that was the idea, but it looks too similar if you ask me.

I don't know... maybe I'm just one of those jerks who's impossible to please.

True - Vapor / RBZ has red accents and now Supreme / Tacks with yellow accents, there are some huge similarities.

Well its be smart about this for a second.

Would you prefer for them to do orange? Cant do that - Easton's been using it.

Well what about blue? It doesn't look that great, and Nexus is using it going forward, so they'd be copying someone else.

Oh I know! Lets go with Green. Oh wait, it looked terrible. Remember the Kronik? I think that was the last stick to use that as its primary color.

The simple truth is there are only so many color combos that look good. There are a finite number of colors, and even fewer that look well together and that can SELL. Easton and Warrior have tried having a myriad of colors, and it doesn't help sell product. I would argue it hurts because there is no brand loyalty from year to year. They are clearly 3rd and 4th in hockey, maybe its because year in and year out everything looks completely different? I know thats not the sole reason but I am sure it doesn't help.

So, I'm dumb I guess. :sad:

You know so little that you came up with a KILLER logo for my upcoming men's league team. Wish I were as dumb as you ;)

Well what about blue? It doesn't look that great, and Nexus is using it going forward, so they'd be copying someone else.

Oh I know! Lets go with Green. Oh wait, it looked terrible. Remember the Kronik? I think that was the last stick to use that as its primary color.

The simple truth is there are only so many color combos that look good. There are a finite number of colors, and even fewer that look well together and that can SELL. Easton and Warrior have tried having a myriad of colors, and it doesn't help sell product. I would argue it hurts because there is no brand loyalty from year to year. They are clearly 3rd and 4th in hockey, maybe its because year in and year out everything looks completely different? I know thats not the sole reason but I am sure it doesn't help.

The RS and Total One are yellow and black but no one would argue they look the same. This stick does look very similar to Bauer.

Passing off is now consider clever?

Let's call it what it is...flattery for Bauer and no sense of uniqueness for CCM.

Not at all what I was saying. I was not referring to the positioning of the stick (graphics, branding, etc) but rather the fact that CCM is engaging in viral marketing. CCM is not debuting the Tacks line of sticks and skates on their website, their Twitter, their Facebook but through two of their main endorsees' Instagram and Twitter pages utilizing harshmarks in an effort to get their products trending.

The other companies have done the same thing with their endorsees. Nothing new to see a player showing off his new skates/sticks on his twitter/instagram feed.

The other companies have done the same thing with their endorsees. Nothing new to see a player showing off his new skates/sticks on his twitter/instagram feed.

What hockey companies have debuted products via their sponsored athletes social media? What products? I am talking first public views.

It's not just about the colors, it's also about how the accents are placed. Let's be honest, from not even that far away let alone on TV, the new Tacks skates and stick will be indistinguishable from Total One/Total One NXG skates/sticks.

It's not just about the colors, it's also about how the accents are placed. Let's be honest, from not even that far away let alone on TV, the new Tacks skates and stick will be indistinguishable from Total One/Total One NXG skates/sticks.

Not to mention they're both supposed to be mid kick sticks. Then again, JR said on the Bauer catalog that new Supremes were coming out. That aside, those are some pretty good-looking twigs.