Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
matix218

Favorite Skates of all time, top 5 (just for fun)

I can't fill out a top 5 since I've only owned one pair of ice skates & 2 pairs of inline hockey skates, but I love these 2 skates...

1. Bauer Supreme S180

2. Mission RPM (inline hockey skate)

3. Bauer Vapor X:40 (from back when the X:60 was the top of the line)

Edited by LoneStar77
got new skates!

1) Nike Quest 1s (recently got hold of an unused pair love them

2) easton Mako

3) nike accel elites in white

Been trying for years to get a good condition set if CCM 652/752s with the yellow/black stitching :-(

No particular order...

Best Looking:

1. 1st Gen. Bauer Supreme Comp/2nd Gen Bauer Supreme Comp aka Bauer Supreme Comp 5000

2. Graf 703

3. 652 Tacks w/ Heel Wedge (w/ and w/o Pump)

4. 752/852 Tacks (w/ and w/o Pump)

5. Fedorov Nike Air Accel Elite

Most Comfortable:

1. Bauer Air 90/Micron Mega Air 90

2. 752 Tacks

3. MIssion Wicked Light

4-5. n/a

Best Performance:

1. Custom Vapor X60 (even though improperly fitted)

2. 2007 NBH Vapor XXV (even though wrong foot type)

3. Mission Wicked Light

4-5. n/a

I guess I read the title as "Favorite Skates of all time, top 18..."

Edited by Neo5370

Been playing non-stop since 1968 or so. I've had alot of skates over the years but nothing better than the 652 Vacu-Tack with Tuuks. I bought 3 pairs of these before they were discontinued and I used this model skate up until about 3 years ago. Tried many of the new style hard as rock skates and this old guy just can't get used to that feel. I now have a pair of Bauer Flex lite 4.0, these have the most "OLD SCHOOL" feel that I have found. I had to add some material to the heel area in order to snug it up, but other than that I like them. I will buy a pair of Nexus within the next year or when I can get a SUPER DEAL on a pair.

So top 5

1-4 652 Vacu-Tacks

5- Bauer Flex-lite 4.0

Bauer Custom Supreme 200

Bauer Custom Supreme 100

so much ankle flex and articulation. NO protection, but the comfort and mobility made up for the broken ankles from stopping shots.

the toe cap on my 200 shattered blocking a shot once... I tried to wear them a few more years but eventually it split so bad it was cutting into my toes.

I just barely tolerate these Supreme 1000s:

1978847_10151978512916984_1382387323_n.j

they're still pretty new and unbroken-in... but the heels aren't right. My heels go numb after a while. I'm still trying to heatgun them a bit to loosen them.

I might see if I can steal my dad's 200s for a game or two.

Mission S400's. Skate Zone by me had a pair of S500's when I was there the other day but they were too small, unfortunately. I got really, really excited at first.

• Like 2

The mission S series was great. Only problem was that I wouldnever want to block a shot of them. Also tendon guard durability was suspect at best and the pitch hardware needed to be tightened once in a while

That being said, only time Ive ever bought 2 pairs of the same skate.

• Like 1

Back in the old days, you wore supplemental ankle protection for your skates if you were a defenceman. Of course the defenceman ankle protection offered back in the old days was slightly better than the boots themselves.

I still don't feel that modern skates offer wonderful shot blocking protection. I blocked a shot with my 16K and it stung on my toes. Nothing's broken, but I howled like an American Idol contestant. I may just start making composites again starting with a toe shot blocker to supplement my Skate Fenders (great product IMO).

Edited by bunnyman666

1. Vapor X 7.0 (went back to Vapor after One80 affair)

2. Vapor XX (skate that felt close to the 10-90, had quit playing for 10 years)

3. Supreme One80 (thought I'd like them better than Vapor, fit well in LHS, too much movement at rink)

4. Micron Mega 10-90 (redline version)

The mission S series was great. Only problem was that I wouldnever want to block a shot of them. Also tendon guard durability was suspect at best and the pitch hardware needed to be tightened once in a while

That being said, only time Ive ever bought 2 pairs of the same skate.

I tried finding another pair so bad. Still do now, even though I'm sure my foot has changed and I have no idea whether I'd fit in them now. But that was such a comfortable skate

• Like 1

Stumbled across this old thread.  Thought it would be fun to list mine. 

1. Graf Ultra G7 - the skate feels like a slipper.  I love the aesthetics of it and have transitioned well to the range of motion the skate allows.

2. Easton Mako M8 - only skated in them twice thus far, but as its known this skate is one of the most anatomical on the market. 

3. Micron Mega Air 90's - One of the coolest and most comfortable skates ever made. 

4. Bauer H3 roller skates - my first ever "real" pair of skates.  These were a revelation coming from the old plastic boot Phantom GT street hockey skates

5. Flite Ultimate custom roller hockey skates - Perhaps the most comfortable boot ever made.  Definitely comfort over performance with these though. Boot broke down fairly quick.

Other Skates i have had owned:

Bauer Vapor 10 - converted back and forth; would have been #1 on my list if not for realizing how poorly fitting these were for me.  10+ years on those and could probably go for another 10

Bauer Supreme 7000

Bauer Supreme 5000 - converted

Bauer Supreme 3000 - never skated in

Bauer Supreme "Pro" Composite

Bauer Supreme "5000" Composite

Graf Ultra G3 - never skated in

Graf Supra 705

Graf Ultra G5 - havent skated in yet

BladeRunner 3 wheel blue/yellow roller blades

Phantom GT roller blades

Bauer H3 roller

CCM Tacks original roller

Mission E4 roller

Bauer Supreme 5000 roller (purple wheels)

*Best roller hockey frame - Kuzak Split

My personal favorites were the Easton S15 and my current Bauer Vapor X900's

The S15's fit my foot better than any other skate. Had great protection and unlike many of you, I had no issues with the quality/breakdown of the skate. I still search for it daily on EBay.

The X900 is the closest thing that I have found to the S15 for my foot yet. But to this day, the S15 in my opinion had the best heel lock and fit I've ever come across.

I have had 6 pairs of skates but only 3 deserve to be in a list like this.

1) Bauer Vapor x800 (current)

2) Micron Mega Air 90

3) Bauer Vapor 10 (perf steel :)