Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

PH's SMU is called the V9E VT. Not the V9T.

V9t is a new easton stick coming out soon I saw a pic from ice warehouse that and v9e are the elite editions the silver n black sticks

Didn't know he was a Bauer boy, which is why I asked.

He's not... but in both pics he is wearing all Bauer. And I was guessing anyways, still don't know what we are looking at.

V9t is a new easton stick coming out soon I saw a pic from ice warehouse that and v9e are the elite editions the silver n black sticks

Yes they have a couple new sticks for HO '14, the V9T ST is one of them.

Could you at least make a comment so I know what I'm looking at? I assume something from both photos but I can't tell what.

Lucic in Tacks stick. But he's back using his Supreme again.

They look like the relatively new Bauer Nexus 7000 skates.

Your reply led me to take another look--to me, the skates look like they have the graphics of a Nexus 8000 on a non-Curv boot. Thanks for the good eye.

A lot of players have those. I think they're Vapor X90-based (the ribs in the upper sidewalls match), of course custom-fit to the player's foot, and then printed with the 7000 graphics and finished with 7000/8000 trimmings. You can see how the heel has the 8000 bottom cup, because the white chevron is lower, attaching right at the top of this piece. In the actual Nexus 7000, it's up higher and looks a lot more insect like, featuring above that stack of exoskeletal horizontal stripping. You can often find a pair or two on eBay, which show the details nicely. (Currently, this links to a pair of Plekanec's old skates.)

Didn't know he was a Bauer boy, which is why I asked.

seems the Bauer athlete roster constantly changes...at one point (when they first released the new site) Ryan McDonagh, Marty St Louis and Milan Lucic were on the roster...now they're not

A lot of players have those. I think they're Vapor X90-based (the ribs in the upper sidewalls match), of course custom-fit to the player's foot, and then printed with the 7000 graphics and finished with 7000/8000 trimmings. You can see how the heel has the 8000 bottom cup, because the white chevron is lower, attaching right at the top of this piece. In the actual Nexus 7000, it's up higher and looks a lot more insect like, featuring above that stack of exoskeletal horizontal stripping. You can often find a pair or two on eBay, which show the details nicely. (Currently, this links to a pair of Plekanec's old skates.)

Great info, thanks!

What is it about the Easton S19 stick that has PK and Kessel (probably more) still playing with it? Durability, feel, look, or some combination?

What is it about the Easton S19 stick that has PK and Kessel (probably more) still playing with it? Durability, feel, look, or some combination?

Might still be using it because of preference and they still like the feel of the stick. Either that or it is possible that it is another Easton stick painted as an S19...

Leo Komorov's Graf skates (maybe these don't qualify as a 2014-2015 gear sighting).

458645376-leo-komarov-of-the-toronto-map

7leafs.jpg?w=630

During last nights game they also showed him in kessel's gloves but can't find a pic