Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Johnson

Sorry, Jiri Thusty isn't a MSH member.

links don't work now....can anyone post a pic of the Johnson :rolleyes:

haha, that was great.. I needed that. I still haven't seen the stick either, so I'll be doing some scrounging(sp?) tonight. What will Warrior do next, change the flex on it to X-stiff, and stiff.. soft?. "Just bought a X-stiff Johnson from my LHS!" <_<

Now this is getting out of hand, the new Warrior catalog has "the Johnson" and here's what they write:

Go big or go home!! The new line of Johnson blades comes with king size performance and rock-hard durability

they continue on the stick like this:

ARE YOU UP FOR THE DOWNSTROKE??? (not kidding)

Smack it up, flip it, rub it down...

I'll be honest, it gets worse and I feel I might get banned for just writing it.

"Wrap your hands around this fine specimen and feel the love pulsing through your veins."

"...gives you extra durability so you can stretch the love a little bit longer."

I would never buy a piece of equipment due to an appealing ad campaign, but I never thought that I would NOT buy a product on the heels of a stupid one. If this keeps up, I'm done with Warrior once my shafts are gone. I don't care if they're selling the cure for cancer - I'm not buying it.

*EDIT - I actually just thought of two other examples of ad campaigns which have driven me to promise myself to never, ever buy a product or receive service from an establishment: Mike Barney Nissan and any dealership owned by Billy Fuccillo (those of you in WNY know what I'm talking about).*

When a company starts using Bell Biv Devoe lyrics it's a sign of the apocalypse. They're going to turn kids gay with all the phallic innuendos. I'm glad my bandwagon of painting their stuff black is catching some steam.

I would never buy a piece of equipment due to an appealing ad campaign, but I never thought that I would NOT by a product on the heels of a stupid one. If this keeps up, I'm done with Warrior once my shafts are gone. I don't care if they're selling the cure for cancer - I'm not buying it.

*EDIT - I actually just thought of two other examples of ad campaigns which have driven me to promise myself to never, ever buy a product or receive service from an establishment: Mike Barney Nissan and any dealership owned by Billy Fuccillo (those of you in WNY know what I'm talking about).*

I agree with you 100%. I have to admit that some of their products intrigue me, but now.....they certainly will not be receiving my business, and I'll be sure to inform the coaches in my league and volunteer parents alike about their blatant marketing tactics. Warrior won't feel the pain due to my actions, but I certainly don't want that type of advertising circulating within my league.

I'm not even offended by the "vulgar" nature of their advertisements. I'm offended, instead, by the idea that they think they can raise my interest in a product with a "cool" and "bad-ass" image. My equipment is something that I take pretty seriously, and the fact that Warrior seems more concerned with building said image than they are with making any sorts of legitimate advances in stick technology turns me off completely.

The great thing about being my age is the fact that I've grown-up with a lot of choices and options where my equipment is concerned. As much as I love my AK27s, I'm sure I'll be able to find a stick that does the job just as well (and won't make me feel like a douchebag while using it/them).

Should they ever bring Inno's PolarFibre back from the dead, though, I'll be forced to give Warrior sticks another shot.

Next up... the Beaver....

Then they can play old "Leave it to Beaver" clips everytime the dman Ward breaks one where June says 'Ward, stop being so hard on the Beaver'

(I personally laugh at that clip every time I hear it - a local radio station, the Ticket, used to play it)

I think it's a shame that they market their products in this sort of way. Instead of expanding their share of the market with this kind of thing i think they might actually in the near future see a decline. This sort of campaign gives the Warrior brand a very immature essence.

Although it may appeal to a younger market now in the short run, they are creating their own demise. Once the 'immature-image' spreads, even the younger players will start to avoid it just because of the stigma attached the brand name. For example, just think of all the people who use 100 flex sticks 'because they are for stronger players and give you a stronger' where most of the younger players can't even flex the damn things.

In Warrior's case, what might happen is that in a progessive nature, younger and younger players will be saying 'man I don't use Warrior, its for kids'. Just like players prematurely go up in flex on their sticks to seem more mature and as such a more advanced player (this is just one example, there are many more in hockey), they will start to dismiss Warrior as an elite brand in favour of a childish perspective at a younger and younger age.

The thing that really disappoints me is that their products (at least from my experience) are within that elite bracket. I currently use a Dolomite and AK 27 shaft+blade combo and could not be happier. This is in line with many other users' feedback on this forum. They are excellent products worthy of their polularity, however their obvious excellent performance may suffer in time to the childish marketing that is associated with them and the Warrior brand in general.

I got my torch and pitchfork... Who's leading the charge?

I won't use a warrior product unless it says "innovative" and lacks the name "warrior."

I got my torch and pitchfork... Who's leading the charge?

I won't use a warrior product unless it says "innovative" and lacks the name "warrior."

I got your side on that one! Long live Inno.

It looks like Marc Savard is using the Johnson tonight vs the Leafs.... all I could spot was that horrible brown/yellow.

this is it?

http://www.metrobostonnews.com/us/article/...38-72/index.xml

man that is fugly

Talk about fodder for jokes, look at that pic.

Can the NHL add a rule about holding a team-mates stick for just such an occasion? :lol:

The funny thing is, the only age bracket this advertising works on still has their parents buy their gear for them....and somehow I don't see these ads being too appealing to Mom and Dad.