Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Crossing my fingers, here - hoping my buddy's dad is going to be able to make a few calls get me out of the ticket I got Sunday morning on my way to the rink. I'd really like to keep that $100 or so in my bank account to spend on something else.

*WOOSH!* That one went right over my head, buddy.

*edit* nevermind......but I'm not talking about gear. You're not the only guy who rarely has to pay for his own. ;)

It's a nice little surprise from them in that aspect, that they considered us a viable media outlet. Not to mention some good fortune from the personal disappointment in Vegas for me.

We're also going to get some love from Reebok in the upcoming days.

Feel free to send anything needed for review this way :^)

Played for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was the best open hockey since MSH Day V. It's great playing all the time... but it's nice to have 2 goalies and 8 skaters aside.

Got my taxes back this week. Just went to a gun shop and bought a Springfield XD 9mm for a good deal. And have a pair of flexlite 4.0pro's and a one95 girdle en route to my (not so local) hockey shop....

Got my taxes back this week. Just went to a gun shop and bought a Springfield XD 9mm for a good deal.

Guns are good, what was the good deal if you don't mind me asking?

^^^got it for 480 bucks. Which was cheaper than any other local shop or on the military base. Guy even threw in the xd gear pack and a box of ammo.

Biggest surprise: they had .380 Ammo which I haven't seen in almost a year. And at 25 bucks a box, once my brothers walther ppk .380 gets back in from the recall fixing, headed to the range!

Edited by Race4LastPlace

Is there anything that made you choose the XD over the XDm?

I'd say mostly price. Ive shot my friends xd .45 and liked it a lot. I like the options i had with sprindfields which i why i chose it over the taurus 24/7 9mm, and FNP 9mm. The xdm's were very nice with the changeable backstraps. They have quite a few of the 4.5" .40's in stock. Personally i just thought an XD would be more than enough, and couldnt really justify the extra $$$ for the xdm.

That and the fact i have some flexlite skates coming in I need to pay for... ;)

got a one95 tapered shaft and a nice toe curved blade coming in tomorrow, both brand new, for the lovely price of 70 bucks canadian :)

Anyone have any experience with a .357 Sig? Think the H&K USP Compact will replace my Walther P99 for my carry gun.

Think we need a guns thread?

I have a 357Sig barrel for my Sig 229, as well as .40 and a .22 conversion slide. I've shot a USP 9mm in the full size setup. If you're looking for anything specific on that pistol chambered in that round I can't help, but I can provide insight on the round and the USP platform.

Race;

The XD gear pack is standard. If they tried to sell the gun to you without its factory case they're swindlers. I personally liked the feel of the XDM over the XD, but I'd rather not have either. There are better options for me and I have personally seen them have issues. We run small practical matches and split the shooters into groups to run scenarios. In all three of the matches I've help run someone in my team has had various feed or cycle issues with an XD.

They're not bad guns, it's not like my Sig didn't act up when I went close to 500 rounds without a field strip using dirty reloads, but in my mind there are better options and alternatives.

Almost at the thirty inches mark here in South Jersey (venting)

I leave for the Bahamas tomorrow. (UBER SWEET).

And while Jersey gets hit with another storm on Wednesday, I'll be here, in Port Canaveral, Florida.

portcanaveral.jpg

And here on Thursday.

16951_1173365937567_1330590070_30406697_521702_n.jpg

Edited by EBondo