Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
beerleaguecaptain

Single Favorite Piece of Equipment Ever

Ok...  kind of corona bored with no hockey so let's just have some fun with this....

What is the one, single favorite piece of hockey gear you have ever owned and why?  It could be anything from a stick, to a helmet, gloves or skates.  It can be new or old and lost but you still wish you had it.  Just that one, perfect piece!

GO!

The one item I wish someone, anyone will continue to make is the Bauer Elite Padded Neck Protect shirt. I never wore one but I made damn sure my kids did. USA Hockey should make it MANDATORY for youth players to wear some sort of neck guard/protection as Canada makes all their youth players wear them.

Traditional neck guards are probably more protective but they're bulky and moves around, but the Bauer Neck Protect shirts with the Kevlar collar works much better. Yes, Bauer (and CCM) still makes integrated neck protect shirts, but they no longer make them with Poron padding. Not to mention the retail price for the integrated poron shirts were $149 IIRC which likely led to poor demand.

CCM, True, or whoever should step up and make a short sleeve, zip-up, padded shirt with Kevlar neck protection.

I don’t know that the data shows that there are that many neck lacerations from what I have read.  My wife insisted my son wear one but I hadn’t been putting it on him.

My favorite piece of equipment might have been my Cooper SC Pro gloves in high school.  Still love the look of leather gloves.

I had a pair of grey/silver Easton stealth shoulder pads once that were near perfect and I dumped them way before I had to.  Wish I still had them.  Fit perfectly and low profile,.  Tank like protection.  God I wish I had them back.  

• Like 1

I've been playing since 1990 and I gotta say my current True Skates are the best piece of equipment I've ever owned, and worth every penny.  Never had a skate fit this well, this comfortable, and this level of performance.  2nd place is probably the CCM Ultra Tacks stick.

• Like 2

Two pieces come to mind.  

1. Mega Air 90 skates with the power clip - Only the ones before Nike bought Canstar and made them Bauer Air 90’s, has to be the original Mega’s

2. Easton Pro 3000 13” gloves

• Like 2

My One90 gloves.  Light, solidly protective, great fit, and the vents helped keep them nice and cool.  Great feel and dexterity.  And the palm was tremendous.  They were still in great shape, I stupidly upgraded and sold them on ebay.  

While we're on the topic of gloves, any Easton glove with a 13.5 sizing gets a vote from me as well.  Bring back 13.5" gloves!

Edited by gerbe3:16

Micron Mega 10-90 skates (with blue Tuuk holders for style points).  I have never found a skate that fits as well and miss them every time I step on the ice.

• Like 2

Koho EP 5500 Elbow Pads. I keep trying on modern elbow pads, but I just can't bring myself to switch over from my beloved Koho's.

As for sticks, my pro stock CCM Ultra Tacks has been the best stick I've ever used. 

• Like 1

Howdy,

I have a love affair with Warrior Covert QRL and QRL Pro gloves.  I absolutely love the (tight) way they fit, even more than the QRE's that replaced them (14" QRL's are perfect.  14" QRE's are a little short in the fingers and 15" are a touch too long).  I probably have three or four pairs at this point and have auto searches on ebay.  🙂

Mark

Original Eastern Synergy. I was 13 and it was the newest thing and I got my grandparents to buy it. 

Howdy,

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

To date....my pro-stock CCM 70k skates. Without question, the best thing I've ever done for my game. 

Interesting.  How come?  It sounds like its more than just comfort?

Mark