Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

As far as the whole AX1LT stuff - not uncommon to see retailers having a product and selling it before launch date. Most if not all companies don't care too much when you start to sell product. They shipped it to them, and its getting counted towards their terms, might as well put them on the shelf. Warrior probably called them up and asked if they wanted it now and shipped it to them... assuming they even bothered calling. We've gotten stuff from them and Easton a couple weeks before launch with no warning it was coming.

They enforce an online date for selling product, which is the official release, which will be Valentines Day.

All these top end composites are so light. Does a few grams give or take really matter?

Balance matters and a few grams added/removed/shifted can make a difference in that.

All these top end composites are so light. Does a few grams give or take really matter?

40 grams is about an ounce and a half. As an experiment to find out if it matters for you, tape a 1.5 ounce fishing weight to the blade tenon area of your stick.

Grab the butt end with your top hand and lift the blade up with just your forearm a few times. Simulate a stickhandling motion by rolling your wrist and swinging the blade back and forth with only wrist motion. Stickhandle with a ball a little bit or try it out on the ice if possible.

Whether a few grams matters to you or not depends on whether you'd rather play with that fishing weight stuck to the end of your stick or without.

For me personally, 15-20 grams (around a half to three quarters of an ounce) approaches the range where something is quite noticeable on the end of my stick. I'm not a big, strong guy though so my threshold for noticing it is probably lower than someone over 6 foot with some muscle.

I definitely noticed switching between my Nexus and AX1, and it was actually the main reason I have been preferring the Nexus. The AX1 has just felt too blade heavy. So if they really lightened up that blade/hosel area by 40 grams (especially the AX1ST, I really like that added twist resistance) that would be great, I liked everything else about the stick.

As far as the whole AX1LT stuff - not uncommon to see retailers having a product and selling it before launch date. Most if not all companies don't care too much when you start to sell product. They shipped it to them, and its getting counted towards their terms, might as well put them on the shelf. Warrior probably called them up and asked if they wanted it now and shipped it to them... assuming they even bothered calling. We've gotten stuff from them and Easton a couple weeks before launch with no warning it was coming.

They enforce an online date for selling product, which is the official release, which will be Valentines Day.

Sorry - not buying that argument.

Do I have a pallet of AX1ST/LTs in my store? Yes.

Is it out on the floor? No.

Are the pre-orders being processed? Yes. The sticks are moved to an area of the warehouse and will go out 2 days before release.

Can't wait to get the info on these. Definitely buying an lt or st in w28 curve. Love my ax1 in p14 and dt1lt with w28 curve. Since warrior has simplified the offerings they are putting out great stuff. Aside from those sticks I have ax2 elbow and shoulder pads plus franchise gloves. All comfortable and real protective.

Just saying.

Shouldn't say since cause I didn't try the old stuff

40 grams is about an ounce and a half. As an experiment to find out if it matters for you, tape a 1.5 ounce fishing weight to the blade tenon area of your stick.

Grab the butt end with your top hand and lift the blade up with just your forearm a few times. Simulate a stickhandling motion by rolling your wrist and swinging the blade back and forth with only wrist motion. Stickhandle with a ball a little bit or try it out on the ice if possible.

Whether a few grams matters to you or not depends on whether you'd rather play with that fishing weight stuck to the end of your stick or without.

For me personally, 15-20 grams (around a half to three quarters of an ounce) approaches the range where something is quite noticeable on the end of my stick. I'm not a big, strong guy though so my threshold for noticing it is probably lower than someone over 6 foot with some muscle.

Fishing weight idea doesn't work. The weight differences in sticks aren't localised at a single point but spread over the stick. A heavier stick can "feel" lighter in the hands if it is well balanced.

Took a while since Ovechkin, but I finally found the second elbow pad modification for those who like to roll up their sleeves:

Has there been a single penalty called this season for Rule 9.5?

Yes, Ovechkin and Hossa have both been tagged with penalties for tucked jerseys from what I recall. I believe that both happened over the course of the shift due to body movement.

Yes, Ovechkin and Hossa have both been tagged with penalties for tucked jerseys from what I recall. I believe that both happened over the course of the shift due to body movement.

I believe Semin was the first to get dinged with a call for the jersey tuck.

I believe Semin was the first to get dinged with a call for the jersey tuck.

There are probably others as well, I just recall watching games where those guys were called.

There are probably others as well, I just recall watching games where those guys were called.

I'm surprised I missed that call on Hossa with how often I watch the Hawks. They could get Bollig every night for the elbow pad tuck.

Sorry - not buying that argument.

Do I have a pallet of AX1ST/LTs in my store? Yes.

Is it out on the floor? No.

Are the pre-orders being processed? Yes. The sticks are moved to an area of the warehouse and will go out 2 days before release.

You guys are unique though. You get priority for product release, are one of their biggest clients (for all companies) and aren't going to mess that up by selling product 2 weeks early. Your terms are probably outrageous anyways that 2 weeks is negligible.

For small pa and ma shops, we most likely haven't received product yet, and wont until a couple days before launch.

I have asked every single one of my reps from every company, and most have been multiple different reps, and they don't care if I sell it beforehand if I have it, as long as I dont sell it online or advertise I am selling it. If I don't tell the world I have it and am selling it, they haven't cared if I sell something within a week of launch.

Now in this case - 2 weeks is really far out, which is shocking. I don't think a week would be outrageous but 2+ weeks is. I'd definitely be upset if I was in their area.

Fishing weight idea doesn't work. The weight differences in sticks aren't localised at a single point but spread over the stick. A heavier stick can "feel" lighter in the hands if it is well balanced.

The product description of the Warrior stick lists the reduced weight in "blade/hosel section". Here's the link to it once again.

Surely we can get more nuanced with our not-so-scientific experiment to cover the 15-20 ways to adjust the stick's mass over its entire makeup but it gets away from the root of our discussion... that being whether a few grams on or off your hockey stick makes a difference to someone.

Hayley Wickenheiser of the Canadian Women's National team in VH Footwear skates, long-time Bauer user.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/hayley-wickenheiser-of-team-canada-skates-up-the-ice-news-photo/461681539

For some reason I seem to remember her being one of the first people in a pair of TotalOne skates around the 2010 Olympics

Hayley was a great ambassador for the Mission PureFlyW back in the day. I haven't skated on VH, but I think the concepts of close-to-foot mold ability and enhanced edge control are similar.

Hayley was a great ambassador for the Mission PureFlyW back in the day. I haven't skated on VH, but I think the concepts of close-to-foot mold ability and enhanced edge control are similar.

The feel is very unique since there is no outsole you feel very connected with the holder and steel.

Weird the way she laces the top eyelet yet leaves the second on unlaced.

could've sworn sid either does or used to do this as well. for more forward flexion while keeping lateral stability...from most accounts, not sure why you'd need it on vh though.

What's Karlsson deal with the X7.0 and the X90? Not a fan of the APX or APX2? I haven't seen a lot of players use the lower model. I could be wrong.