Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

What's Karlsson deal with the X7.0 and the X90? Not a fan of the APX or APX2? I haven't seen a lot of players use the lower model. I could be wrong.

maybe he prefers a little softer boot?

What's Karlsson deal with the X7.0 and the X90? Not a fan of the APX or APX2? I haven't seen a lot of players use the lower model. I could be wrong.

There are quite a few others. Ryan McDonagh, Marian Gaborik are just two more. Phil Kessel's even still in X:60's.

This goes back to a lot of players loving the x60. The x7.0 and the x90 are the basically the same models minus a few kinks. Stewie, when you order custom skates you can cary the stiffness. So you you could order apx2 with a softer stiffness like a lower end model.

This goes back to a lot of players loving the x60. The x7.0 and the x90 are the basically the same models minus a few kinks. Stewie, when you order custom skates you can vary the stiffness. So you you could order apx2 with a softer stiffness like a lower end model.

What was it about the x60 that so many players liked- fit, construction?

It is the traditional style of construction and not the material used in the APX or One90, One95, etc... style skates.

I thought the AHL limited the number of "special" jerseys you could do in a year. Shame to waste it on those.

On the opposite end, the Lake Erie "Cleveland Barons" throwbacks for the frozen frontier were spectacular.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/118/files/2013/12/lakeerieoutdoorjersey2013.jpg

Wow, those are beauties.

They paid the NHL to use their branding? Wow, they are pretty serious...

Yeah, they've sent sticks to several teams, including the BHawks and Ducks. This was quite recent, about 3 weeks ago, they are serious!

The 5.2 isn't even their top-end stick either!