Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Depending on when in the first period that was, he may have had those skates on for nearly an hour. I know when mine are on that long and I'm not using waxed that I need to tighten at least once.

Can you explain what I'm looking at?

Not trying to be a wise guy but why is that? "Small logo rule" I mean.

IOC has rules on how big logos can be on pieces of equipment. This applies to gloves the most. So manufacturers had to scale down their logos to a small size on gloves for the Olympics. Kovalchuk chose to ignore this rule today by using his KHL gloves with the regular sized logos.

Here you can see the gloves he was supposed to use.

0211-OLY-ARTHUR-RUSSIAN_30289099.jpg

468804927_zps77ad28cb.jpg

Noticed Nathan Horton was wearing Easton gloves with a certifiably ancient logo that I don't think has been in regular use since 2006. Just makes you wonder how much old, unused gear is sitting around some of the equipment rooms of NHL arenas.

do the sticks have to have smaller logos too? IOC is just greedy, no one pays that much attention t the glove logos except us gear whores lol.

They probably want the focus more on the sports and nations than on the vendors.

I'd love to believe this but the cynic in me thinks it's more about protecting their advertising revenue stream. Can't have equipment manufacturers getting all that advertising exposure without giving the IOC their pound of flesh.

Did anybody else notice the pair of Vapor 10 skates on one of the Slovenia D in the game today against Russia? I'm trying to find a pic, it was pretty awesome. There is some truth in staying with what works!

Jagr having heel lock problems?

He's had those for years, way back to his 705's at least.

Edit: I was going to say dating back to his Bauer Supremes, pre-705's, as seen here. He skated in Heel-wedged Tacks without that strapping. Maybe the heel wedge really worked for him.

He seems to be on and off on the amount of tape he uses.

No tape:

Lots of tape:

It could be something he does during a game as his laces loosen. He may be a guy who doesn't like to re-tie during a game.

Jagr does not lace up the last 3 to 4 holes on his skates, he prefers a lot of ankle flexion, so he tapes up the laces to keep them from dangling around.

Anybody else notice the stars and stripes on Kesler's V9? Has anyone seen something like that on Team Canada yet?

image.jpg

Easton did a full line-up for the different Easton guys.

Easton1_zpsa36a468f.jpg

Easton2_zps7096589e.jpg

Anyone actually wearing any od1n stuff? Don't see those weird runners being sported

Nope. The official OD1N topic on here is discussing that.