Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
matix218

Favorite Skates of all time, top 5 (just for fun)

On 3/7/2014 at 7:47 PM, MN old and slow said:

Just 1

Pure Fly.

Best ever

One of my absolute favorites for sure.

Lot's of love in here for them.  

I registered just to post here.

This thread is depressing me.   😁  I started playing as an adult in he mid '90s  Somehow I lucked into a pair of Mega Air 90's back then.  Not knowing anything, I knew they were special.  When Bauer bought Micron, I got the Bauer version right after they came out, as a backup pair.  Well, I switched from the Mega's to the Bauers years ago, and now I'm getting a little freaked out about what I'll move to next.

And then I see this thread, and all the comments for those skates that a lot of people put them in their top 5.  Heck, why did they quit making them?  I'd get a new pair now, if they were still being made.

• Like 1

1. Bauer 8090 - had 2 pairs wish I could’ve found more. Easily the most comfortable skate I’ve had.

2. Vapor XXXX longest lasting pairs I’ve used with the second best fit 

3. One90 great boot terrible stock holder similar fit to 8090

4. Mission AGX awesome for roller hockey and decent for Ice

5. Nexus 1000, 8090-like but just not quite the same fit 

No particular order

1. Micron Mega Air 10-90 - Cool looking and comfortable skate

2. CCM 852 Tacks - think Niedermier's model 

3. CCM PRO Tacks 

4. Bauer One90 - went from pro stock CCM tacks to these felt like they weighed about half as much. First skates for me that gave me a "holy sh!t" reaction first spin on the ice.

5. VH/TRUE  - first skates that truly fit my feet

1. VH

2. Easton Mako

3. Reebok 8K Pump (didn’t fit, but I still think they looked fantastic)

I don’t have a #4 or 5. Have never worn anything else that didn’t hurt.

1. Bauer 8090's - Probably the most comfortable, 2nd best looking, best fitting skate i have ever worn. I have had 4 pairs, I have a pair that is brand new that i am afraid to use (I know doesn't make any sense).

2. Bauer Vapor XXX- Again, very close to the 8090's in how much i loved these skates. they are the best looking skate that i have ever seen, they are really comfortable and perform great

3. Bauer Total One- I used this model for 4 years, had 8 different pairs of these skates, loved them. Only issue was that I would break them down really fast and the ankles would bend in ( Im 6, 3", 225 Playing Juniors and University)

4. Bauer One95 - In juniors i had these total custom, they were such a unreal skate. Still look for these on Ebay to see if i could recreate some former magic lol

5. Bauer Vapor 10- The First real serious skate i ever was given, thats when i learned the difference between high performance and just a normal skate, plus my favourite players at the time all wore these skates, so i got to try an emulate them.

As a kid I was in Supremes, Tacks, Daoust 501, Bauer Airs, and a few Grafs. As an adult (call It age 16 on) I’ve been in Grafs and jetspeeds. 

My ranking: 

1: Graf G75. 

2: Graf 707

3: Bauer Air 90(?)

4: my current skates, CCM Jetspeeds