Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

I think it is just a natural "gap" that appears due to the angle of the eyelets. Check out some of your teammates feet the next time on the ice and you'll probably notice something similar. Just a trick of the eye.

didnt notice anything like that gap on the ice today.

You sure that is for shot blocking... seems like it'd be more for lace bite. Understandable for how much these guys skate.

Yes, those are for lace bite. Detroit is a Skate Fenders user, so they would use those for shot blocking rather than just some small pad on top of the foot.

my mistake, but ya there was quite a noticable gap when i put those skates on

I think it is just a natural "gap" that appears due to the angle of the eyelets. Check out some of your teammates feet the next time on the ice and you'll probably notice something similar. Just a trick of the eye.

I'm pretty sure I saw the one of the Kings players lace up their skates in two different spots

I'm pretty sure I saw the one of the Kings players lace up their skates in two different spots

There was one player I heard about who laced the bottom portion of the eyelets, tied them, then laced and tied the top of the skates with a different lace. I can't remember who that was, but I'll see if I can find it. I have no idea how common that was.

There was one player I heard about who laced the bottom portion of the eyelets, tied them, then laced and tied the top of the skates with a different lace. I can't remember who that was, but I'll see if I can find it. I have no idea how common that was.

I remember reading that Paul Coffey used two sets of laces, but I have no idea about how we actually used them.

Edit: Here it is. The first bullet point under "Trivia" at the bottom of the page. http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Paul_Coffey

Winter Classic jerseys unveiled.
40830_10151339615807466_2072279143_n_zps

Alumni Jerseys (Sittler is in the Alumni jersey, Clark and MacDonald are in the winter classic jersey.
photo_zps5500b216.jpg

Very cool touch, Captain's designations for Detroit on the sleeve, inside a diamond in a nod to the old days.
Captains_zpsc9af1535.jpg

Very different looking sticks. Ones a black primary and ones a white primary.

anyone else seing major simalarites with the looks of the rbz stage 2 and apx 2? i think the red black and white line colorscheme occurs in both

anyone else seing major simalarites with the looks of the rbz stage 2 and apx 2? i think the red black and white line colorscheme occurs in both

to me the top half design of the stage 2 reminds me more so of the NXG for some reason

Alumni Jerseys (Sittler is in the Alumni jersey, Clark and MacDonald are in the winter classic jersey.

Very cool touch, Captain's designations for Detroit on the sleeve, inside a diamond in a nod to the old days.

I like them very much, Captain's and Alternates' designations inside the diamonds, expecially.

40830_10151339615807466_2072279143_n_zps

photo_zps5500b216.jpg

Captains_zpsc9af1535.jpg

I like the alumni Detroit jerseys much better, but I do agree that the Captains designation on the sleeve is a neat touch.

The lighter side of gear sightings...

BGDIBZICYAEWNhs.jpg

lol, when Lupul first traded to the Leafs he was using Getzlaf's SE16s (or repainted STs) for a little while.

Looks like they were repainted from the first time they were painted. Much more blue.

I think it's because they were using their 3rd jerseys, check the socks.

Some looks at the APX 2 stick

Does Seguin wrap his stick shaft with some type of thinner width white tape? Or is that just standard 24mm wide tape? It may just look thin in the photos.

Does Seguin wrap his stick shaft with some type of thinner width white tape? Or is that just standard 24mm wide tape? It may just look thin in the photos.

It is thinner than standard, he might just tear it in half when he's taping it, I know I used to do that. I've also seen thinner rolls of white tape used by teams so I would think either or