Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Tyler Meyers is currently using the old TotalOne, not the NXG. Is this normal for him?

After his rookie year with ccm he switched to bauer skates/twigs and eagle mitts

Quite common actually. Suban used an s19 this year as with the Sedins using "TotalONES". Somtimes players rather use there older stock than new models, curve on the new ones might not have come right or somthing else wasnt exact.

I mean it's interesting that he's not using a stick with the newest paint job.

Someone enlighten me what is that lace gap in middle you always see on pros? It is something done on purpose, or is happens all the time and I just notice it on pictures?

Someone enlighten me what is that lace gap in middle you always see on pros? It is something done on purpose, or is happens all the time and I just notice it on pictures?

Good question! I've always been curious about this too.

I wondered about it too, saw one of the Kings players having their skates adjusted earlier.

It would certainly allow to control the tightness of the laces a lot better.

I think they might switch the lacing pattern from outside in to inside out or vice versa and that leads to a gap. Not certain though.

anyone have a picture of what people are talking about

There is three pictures right above of it. Here, I've highlighted it.

xjeleGg.png

I might actually need to know how to make a thing like that, might solve the tightening problem on my right skate since I have a bit more volume on my foot in that spot.

I think it is just a natural "gap" that appears due to the angle of the eyelets. Check out some of your teammates feet the next time on the ice and you'll probably notice something similar. Just a trick of the eye.

Noticed Gaborik's has had the 'NYR' backroll padding treatment added to his CBJ gloves.

They just spraypainted his Ranger gloves. Too early to say if he'll keep the knuckle protection.

i ordered a pair of draper skates and had this same effect. what i found it to be is the type of tongue. in this tongue ive seen on more than a few occasions, there is a large dense material to help against shot blocking so the top portion of the laces stick out on top of the pad, then there appears to be a gap going down to the base of the tongue. heres a picture of another pair of draper skates. its more clear on the skate on the bottom left where the black material is covering the bulge from the silver base of the tongue. im trying to re-read what i said like 8 times trying to make sure i made sense so sorry if it doesnt haha

img_0809_800x600.jpg

You sure that is for shot blocking... seems like it'd be more for lace bite. Understandable for how much these guys skate.

Yes, those are for lace bite. Detroit is a Skate Fenders user, so they would use those for shot blocking rather than just some small pad on top of the foot.

I noticed Toews was using a stick with a white taper this week. Is this a new Bauer or was he using a MAKO or RBZ?

I think he was using a teammates RBZ during the game vs St. Louis whenever his stick broke.